I know, I haven’t shared a recipe on here in AGES, and this is almost not a recipe but a throw everything in a pan and then eat. Even though I can’t for the life of me remember who asked for this recipe, here it is…. it’s rather yummy to make then snuggle on the sofa with a glass of something and a good film. A few go a long way, but who am I kidding, I could eat these for days.
Salt and Pepper Almonds
- 100g raw almonds
- Large knob butter
- 1 tbsp soy (or a large tbsp of Marmite)
- 1/2 tspn cracked black pepper
- pinch of salt
- In a heavy bottom pan toast the almonds slightly
- Add the butter and melt
- Add the soy or Marmite and reduce so the almonds have a sticky coating
- Add pepper and salt and coat the almonds
- Remove from heat and cool before nibbling (if you don’t you will burn your tongue – trust me)
Today’s film of choice is Before Sunrise, a flashback to my University Days, teamed with a fluffy blanket and a Gin and Tonic and I am smiling.