Reasons to be Cheerful
Now my not joining in with Reasons to be Cheerful has nothing to do with not having anything to be thankful for, I just have been a bit lazy of late. Lazy in forgetting the good stuff, and focusing on the bad.
I got so angry with myself on Monday evening, yet have no real reason why, other than perhaps a change in my serotonin levels, which confused me as I had exercised that morning. Now when I say angry I mean the kind of angry that feels like venom is seeping from every pore. An emotion I rarely experience, as I find it a waste of energy to get angry at all but those people and causes I hold in the highest esteem, as they warrant my energy. What to do? I retreated, fearful of saying anything out of line. Yet I think I still managed to talk our of turn, to create sadness, and for that I am truly repentant.
What am I thankful for this week…
- Clouds – and who they remind me of
- Sunshine – and the warmth it has brought
- Patience – from those around me
- Forgiveness – for my stupidity
- Unconditional Love – from two wee boys who keep reminding their Mama that they think she is the best and most beautiful to them
- Support and Guidance – on this complex road that is life
- Generosity – in heart and kindness
- Music – for transporting me away from the mundane
- Movies – for carrying me back to memories of past times, loves and hopes for the future
- Sunsets – to remind me that tomorrow is another day
What are you thankful for this week?