Recipe Shed – Garlic Chilli & Lemon Tiger Prawns
OK this is less of a recipe, more an excuse to eat prawns. So firstly a HUGE thank you to Keith at Chronicles of a Reluctant Housedad for this weeks prompt – Flavours from the Sea. (& I’m so sorry I’ve missed a few weeks, tut tut)
You see I’m really the only one in this house that eats anything remotely fishy (though I am slowly educating the boys) OH thinks there is a reason that the word for fish in French is poisson, as he deems all fish (except cold smoked salmon) to be poison.
The other evening, when I was doing my weekly shop I was looking for some inspiration as to what to include and they were all but giving these away and I though, that’ll do nicely, a wee treat for me!
All I did was;
- Remove the shells, leaving the tail from raw tiger prawns (cleaned their entrails)
- Crush garlic, grate lemon rind, squeeze lemon juice, chop chilli into a bowl
- Add the tiger prawns, season with salt & pepper & leave marinading for about 20 minutes (or until you can’t wait any longer to eat them)
- Cook on a hot griddle until they turn pink and translucent
- Serve with a cold glass of Tio Pepe
They were most delicious, and a great “shopping treat”
Have a look at what everyone’s been cooking & join in yourself by clicking the button below.